Boys & Girls U7-U8: The Rockets-Lift off! FUNdamentals: Building a love for the game. Player Development Components (listed by priority): Technical, Fitness, Psychological, Tactical. There are no goalkeepers for these age groups. Fun games will be played involving small numbers, especially 1v1, 2v1, 1v2, 2v2, 1v3, 2v3 and 3v3 leading up to the final activity of 4v4. Technical fundamental foot skill development is the point of emphasis as well as continued development of movement skills- particulary the ABC'S (Agility, Balance, Coordination, and Speed). Development goals for U7/U8: Confident to take defenders 1 v 1 with one or two moves; understand individual defending technique- especially pressure and jockeying and prepare players for the next level.
Age-appropriate licensed USSF coaches will lead training sessions in coordination with Club TD, Coach Marcelo.
Player Fee: $125
- Early Bird (Ends 3/1)
- Volunteer Coach- initial discount
- Sibling (Same program)
- Training: 1x weeknight Rec. Academy session led by Coach Marcelo and CSC Coaches- 8 weeks*;
- Free Play: 1x weeknight free play-8 weeks*;
- Competition w/referees: Saturday Rec. Jamboree session-8 weeks*;
- Pre-Travel Training for players born in 2007, & 2008 who are interested in playing on a U9-U10 CSC Travel Team for the Fall 2016 season-7 sessions*;
- CSC Practice T-shirt (new players only)
- All-Star selections for U8's to play in the Father's Day Tournament on June 19, 2016. ($50 additional charge after player selection in May).
- Uniform $30 (for new players only or those needing a new uniform. Players who played in the Fall 2015 season do not need to purchase a uniform or practice t-shirt);
- FFX County Field User Fees: $5.50 (in-county); $30 (out-of-county).
Season Start Dates and Schedule:
Rec. Jamboree (game):
- Start Date- 4/9;
- Schedule: Saturdays, 2:00-3:00 PM @ Poplar Tree 2.
Rec. Academy (training)
- Start Date- 4/4;
- Schedule: Mondays, 5:30-6:30 PM @ Poplar Tree 2
Free Play(optional but encouraged):
- Start Date- 4/8;
- Schedule: Fridays, 5:30-6:30 PM @ Fred Crabree Park #3;
Pre-Travel Training (for players interested in playing on CSC Travel Teams):
- Start Date- 3/30
- Schedule: Wednesdays, 1 hour time slot between 5:30-7:30 PM @ Fred Crabree Park #3
To register for CSC's Spring 2016 Rec. programs: Click Here.
Registration Help Guide (.pdf): Click Here