Our curriculum is closely aligned with the US Youth Soccer Player Development Model and recently issued 2017 US Soccer Player Development Initiatives. Our Club Technical Director, J. Marcelo Gangotena, deploys our curriculum across all age groups, multiple programs, and playing platforms to support our style of play and player development philosophy.
CSC Style of Play:
"Building Possession style of play": This refers to keeping possession of the ball for the purpose of finding and exploiting opportunities to move forward, whenever possible, by using the flanks or a penetration pass. Teams are coached and encouraged to build attacks from the back, utilizing the goalkeeper and defenders to cycle the ball and build the attack to find space on the field where their team has numerical superiority.
Possession to penetrate. If there is no chance to penetrate and score, players with teammates will keep the ball in a smooth and clever way by circulating the ball to create opportunities to penetrate using the flanks.
When losing the ball, players will have a quick transition mentality to pressure and win back possession of the ball by placing the opponent on a predictable game and force their game to the pressing zones.
What does the CSC Way mean?
- Club-centric philosophy with a unique style and system of play supported by our curriculum, programs, and player development philosophy in a highly professionalized, well-organized learning environment;
- Developing a love & passion for the game of soccer;
- A curriculum-based approach to individual player development;
- Cultivating a growth mindset mentality to learning and improving for players and coaches;
- Building character simultaneously with soccer skills: emphasizing the will to succeed, the ability to handle adversity, the desire to improve;
- A pathway for every level of player;
- Helping parents to understand the complexities of youth soccer player development by providing resources to make the best decisions for their soccer playing children.
- Providing coaching education for prospective coaches;
Academy Travel Program: focuses on developing the advanced soccer player in a demanding, competitive environment. Players and families entering the CSC Academy Travel Program must be 100% committed. Players must be 100% committed to improving themselves as soccer players and as individuals. Our coaches in our Academy travel program are experienced in developing highly skilled players to play in our style and system of play. The goals of our Academy travel program are to develop our advanced players: 1)to instill a love of the game; 2)instill a growth mindset mentality to improve and reach the next level. The CSC Academy program utilizes paid coaches under the direction of Club TD J. Marcelo Gangotena and re-sets teams each year after tryouts in the spring season.